Clothes, shoes








I saw 4 Amish girls running on the boardwalk this summer, wearing pastel ankle length dresses and bonnets! They were having fun!
What I wear...
Ideal temperature for running is 50 degrees, as shown by studies comparing finishing times to temp at running events. That is my experience too.
So for temperatures over 50, I wear a hat and sunglasses if it's sunny, and a sweat band. Then I wear a tank top and shorts. I never feel cold after the first minute or two, even when it is 50 degrees.
 On my feet I wear toe socks. I used to get blisters on my toes, but not since toe socks! I have no foot issues so I wear lightweight, non supportive shoes. Recently I got ONs-Run on Clouds shoes. They were pricey ($130) but so comfortable! I also got a pair of Skechers Go Run.  So light! It is good not to carry extra weight on your feet!
    For temperatures below 50, I add a warm hat, mittens, a long sleeve tech shirt, and tights or leg warmers. (Remember them, from the 70's?!)
     In hot weather I put Vaseline on my arms to prevent chafing where my arms rub against my tank. Also insect repellent in buggy areas. I don't bother with sun block, I have a good tan and I want to absorb the vitamin D. If I go out before dawn, I put on a blinkey light ($2) to be more visible.
If I have to stand around in cold weather before a race, I wrap myself in  a mylar "space blanket", given out AFTER Disney races. Or wear a plastic garbage bag with head and arms cut out. A mask worn before a race warms the air. Cheap, disposable solutions.
  That's it! Looking forward to my November half marathon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My half marathon goals

10/7/201-The Shades of Death Half Marathon

8/10/2019. Go Far Woman Half Marathon