9/30/2018-The Ocean City NJ Half Marathon





The OCNJ Half! This is the 9th year for this event. I have done all but one (had arthroscopic knee surgery 4 yrs ago). This year is the 4th in the OCNJ landmark series, featuring the skyline of OC.
It is a beautiful course, along the boardwalk, through the business district, and past lovely neighborhoods. It is flat except for the Longport bridge, done twice. It is a spectacular view from the top of the bridge!
There were record numbers for the race this year. I finished 935 out of 1,108 finishers. Among women, I was 563 out of 701.
There was a lot of crowd support, water stations and cooling stations (cold, wet towels) and goody bags and food at the finish. Boyd, my son Kevin, daughter in law Joy and sister Donna were there to cheer me on.
And I met my goals! First place 75-79 women (my prize a pair of socks). And I finished in less than 3 hours (2:58:24, to be exact).



Comments

  1. Congrats! It was great to see you meet all your goals.

    Can't wait to find out if you beat your time on your latest race.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My half marathon goals

10/7/201-The Shades of Death Half Marathon

8/10/2019. Go Far Woman Half Marathon