My half marathon goals






Today is my birthday. 75! A good day to set new goals!
I have been run/walking for 11 years. This year I plan to complete a half marathon each month.
My goals for each of the 12-
1. Finish each in less than 3 hours.
2. Win my age/gender group.
3. Stay healthy!
Goal #2 will be challenging. My PR is 2 hrs 39 minutes, but that was 2 yrs ago and my times have slowed since then. Goal #1 is more achievable- I will often be the only entry in my age/gender group!
I also strive for negative splits and to run at least 50% of the distance, but the above are my main goals.
Most of these half marathons had a few hundred finishers last year. But one had 29, and another over 20,000!  My half marathons are in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Hampshire, Florida, North Dakota and British Columbia. Most will be on paved roads but one is 50% trail, and another is all trail. I have done a couple of these half marathons before but, most are new to me. I am excited to be doing this and sharing the adventure.
Linda


Comments

  1. Great goals and Happy Birthday! You are such an inspiration and I can't wait to read and tag a long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is a great idea! Can’t wait to watch you achieve all your goals!! Happy 75th

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10/7/201-The Shades of Death Half Marathon

8/10/2019. Go Far Woman Half Marathon