7/28/2019-Conquer the Canyon Half Marathon









This race sold out a month before, and no wonder. There are very few distance runs in the mid Atlantic states in July. It is just too HOT!
   But this race in the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania, near the NY State line, is shady, scenic and it was just 66 degrees on race day. It features waterfalls and a flat course on an old railroad grade along Pine Creek. Instead of cheering spectators one is more likely to see wildlife.
   I finished the race in 2:53:09.8, my best time since the Mount Dora race in December! I came in 3rd place (out of 4) in the female "over 70" division. Overall I came in 450 out of 570 finishers, and 319 out of 363 women.
Interesting- I passed 19 runners in the 2nd half. I don't use intervals. I just ran when I felt like it and walked when I had to. I made it a goal to pass as many runners as I could. My age adjusted score was 61.0.
    This was my favorite half marathon since September!  Only one more race in August to complete my "Female 75-79" challenge year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My half marathon goals

10/7/201-The Shades of Death Half Marathon

8/10/2019. Go Far Woman Half Marathon